Tuesday, November 18, 2008

More pictures & More prayer

I've finally added more family pictures! It's hard to pick our favorites....but, here are a few more. There are still more that I'll add later.

Thank you for your continued prayers for our family and for Tanner. We have truly felt them. A friend commented recently we looked happy in the family pictures and prayed that was true. Well, God is faithful and it is true! It's sometimes surprising how happy we can be despite what is happening with Tanner and with many others around us, but, I have truly felt joyful recently. I believe that is only from the Lord! It's not always this way, but, thankfully it has been recently.

We would appreciate your continued prayers. Tanner's migraines (which the neurologist believes are separate from the chronic daily headaches and have also continued to occur) have started getting worse. His migraines involve nausea, vomiting, and pain. He had one Friday night and is home from school today with another. Normally the migraines are in the evening and have been pretty well controlled with medication, this is the first time he's had one during the day.

I was happy today that we recently hooked up the new digital converter (yes, we still have an antenna!!) because we now get 3 channels instead of 2 and Tanner enjoyed watching Clifford on PBS this morning (our "new" channel - woohoo!) He's been sleeping on and off this afternoon and is a bit weepy as well, poor guy!

I've been so grateful and at peace today. I'm sad for Tanner and wishing he wasn't miserable, wishing I could do more to take away his pain, but, loving being able to be home and take care of him. What a real blessing! I've had this verse of the Ross King song "You Alone Can Satisfy" running through my head today:

There's no fortune or pleasure, That this world can provide
They have failed and they always will, You alone can satisfy.
You're the Treasure that I've found, You're the meaning of life
You're my deepest desires fulfilled, You alone can satisfy.

I think this is a big reason for my gratefulness and peace today!
We hope you enjoy the pictures!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like all the pictures he is such a cute kid. :) I miss all you guys! I hope to see you soon :)

Anonymous said...

What GREAT pictures! I especially love the one of Tanner looking up with you & Jon in the background. Very symbolic. You DO all look happy! I just wanta pinch his little cheeks! (kids LOVE that! - NOT!) I enjoyed catching up! Have a wonderful, wonderful Thanksgiving and my prayers are with you.