Wednesday, October 20, 2010

How it's going

Well, it's been a few days since I've posted.  Things are a lot more busy here and there's a lot more to do. In fact, a few times, believe it or not, I've preferred to be back in China!  There, we were all together, with nothing to do except figure out what to do together :).  Here, Jon is back at work, there's laundry to do, a few things left to unpack, school work, paperwork, blah, blah, blah. 

Anyways - yesterday, I woke up really thankful and feeling better and a little more rested.  I had a great post for the blog written in my head (obviously it never got here :)).  Today, was not such a great day.  I woke up crabby and tired, sat for several hours with both boys at the doctors office, cried some, was irritated, and then decided I should remember what I was thankful for yesterday!  So, to end the day on a better note, I thought I would list the things I would've mentioned yesterday.

I am thankful for:
Being able to drink water from the faucet whenever I want.
Being able to wear flip flops again
Two sons who are quick to forgive and love to laugh
An amazing husband who is so helpful with both boys
Friends and family who love us in countless ways, including helping teach Jian, spending time with the boys, giving them welcome home gifts and planning parties!
A soft bed
Beautiful, fall weather
Wonderful healthcare
Being able to freely worship and talk about our Heavenly Father without ever even questioning or being concerned for my safety
A gracious God

I'll add more later about how things are going (really well actually, just don't ask me today :)) tomorrow hopefully!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thinking of you, and the fam, shelly. actually, i've been thinking of you all day long and praying for (the appt, you being able to handle whatever goes along with that, etc...)

i'm around tomorrow! let me know if you want a swing by from us, wish to drop in over here, or walk through walmart/target/kroger together if you need to shop! and jian & tanner if they want, too!

praying for you.--Shay